It exciting to receive and interview call, however it is important to remember that when called for an Interview it will be like a competition. There will be other candidates appearing for the interview and competing with you.
Today I would like to share a few important steps of how to handle common interview situation.
To be less nervous and more successful it is very important to research the company and be prepared for any questions that the interviewer might ask.
Step One: Research the company
- Read the company website
- When was, the company founded
- How many locations do they have
- What are the products and services they offer?
- The plans and goals of the company
Step Two: Interview Questions
- Read the job description
- Write down examples that will match the job skills mentioned in the description
- A good example should have
- A situation
Step Three: Getting there
- Make sure you know the exact address of the interview office
- Who you have to meet
- Arrive at least 15 mins. prior to the scheduled interview time
Step Four: The day before the interview
- Plan what you are going to wear and have it ready
- Take extra print outs of your resume and cover letters
- Organise your portfolio or any documents required at the time of the interview.
Types of Interviews
- Telephonic interview
- One to one interview
- Panel interview
- Serial interview
During the interview, be professional and avoid
- Talking about money, unless mentioned by the interviewer
- Telling unrelated stories
- Casting yourself in a negative light
- Can do versus can’t do