This program will provide students with relevant hospitality and tourism management skills to meet the demands of the current hospitality and tourism industry.
It will also help students to understand concepts and techniques related to the hotel and restaurant business, and front and back-office operations. Students will learn to provide exceptional guest service, industry-standard software applications, and management skills. Besides gaining fundamental knowledge of the hospitality industry, they will learn about marketing, financial analysis, and accounting.
Year 1 Duration: 33 Weeks
Year 2 Duration: 31 Weeks
Video: 8 lessons
Lectures: 600 Hours
Year 1 Practicum: 2 Months
Year 2 Practicum: 2 Months
Hotel front office professionals represent their hotel staff to guests and vendors, and they must possess strong communication and organizational skills. These professionals must be able to meet strict deadlines, manage staff effectively, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Food and beverage operations involve many tasks, such as sourcing raw materials, preparing food and beverage items, maintaining inventory, overseeing service quality, overseeing catered events, and gaining insights into the business to make decisions in the future.
Resort operations involve maintenance and management of food service, amenities, and furnishings within the hotel or resort. In addition, they require a strict attention to strategy development and execution in order to position the brand to attract guests.
Event and meeting planning professionals must be able to monitor many variables at once, organizing their staff, vendors, venues, and guests. These roles require an acute mastery of communication and leadership skills.
In marketing and sales, duties include attracting clients, driving revenues, and branding the resort or hotel sufficiently to meet all business goals. These duties include both creative work and strategy work, and they include temporary promotions and permanent public image initiatives.
Administrators manage to put into place the systems that enable hotels and restaurants to operate smoothly. Their duties include recruitment, maintaining budgets, adhering to compliance guidelines, marketing the business, and overseeing the staff.
Post-Secondary Degree or Undergraduate Degree:
International English Language Testing System IELTS score of 5
Program applicants require an interview.
If you do not meet the admissions requirements and are interested in our program, please do not hesitate to get in touch with us anyway as we understand every situation is different and we will find ways to accommodate you.
● Microsoft Word
● Microsoft Excel
● Microsoft PowerPoint
● Microsoft Outlook
● Keyboarding Skills
● Management structure
● The departments
● Revenue Management
● Communication CBX or PBX
● Guest services/ Uniformed services
● Security/ Loss Prevention
● Students will be given budget history and marketing information, to prepare an annual hotel budget.
● Manage revenue by adjusting pricing, marketing, or other factors to maximize company income.
● Describe the importance of cash flow and analyze statements of cash flow.
● Effectively work in teams to manage a simulated hotel operation.
● Write a business plan for a hotel with existing challenges, and provide suggestions to create a profitable business.
● Incorporate strategies to operate a profitable business.
● The restaurant business.
● Menu planning.
● Classifications of restaurants.
● Restaurant operations.
● Managed services.
● Food and beverages management.
● Food outlets.
● Stewarding department.
● Catering department.
● Room Service/ In-room dining.
● Trends in lodging food and beverages.
● Interpersonal communication.
● Verbal communication.
● Non-verbal communication.
● Constructive feedback.
● Public speaking
● Ethics in public speaking.
● The practicum experience is a vital component of this course. The purpose of the practicum is to blend the classroom learning, with the practical experience allowing students to add value to their educational program and a greater understanding of their chosen field.